1753455 Members
6138 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to install & config smart array 642

Minh Quang
Occasional Contributor

How to install & config smart array 642

I have Proliant ML 350 running Windows 2000 server, it has data.
now, i want install smart array 642 and useing RAID 1.
How can i do that?
Thankx
2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: How to install & config smart array 642

If I may infer what you desire to do, you wish to migrate your current drive or drives to the 642, where you plan to configure a RAID 1 array and logical drive. You will have to back up your data and restore it to the array once configured.
OR
Install 2 new drives on the 642, leaving your current drive or drives in place. Then you can copy everything over, except for the OS. That would have to use Ghost (an image of the boot drive) or Back-up and restore to make the new mirror bootable.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Alexey Kramnyuk
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to install & config smart array 642

I also have to install Smart Array 642 controller in the ML350 G3.
Are currently using Compaq 64-bit/66MHz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter connected to a single disc basket (6 bays) with two disks.
1. If I set a Smart Array 642 and connect it to the drive cage, will be available if the two existing drive or need any additional steps?
2. Before copying the partition (means Ghost) with the operating system on a logical drive with RAID whether in the operating system (Windows 2000 Professional) to install the driver for Smart Array 642, so after copying had no problems with loading OS?