Disk Enclosures
1753312 Members
5290 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to move disk NetRaid+Rack Storage

How to move disk NetRaid+Rack Storage

One of the internal slots in a Rack Storage 12 is failed. The disk seems to be ok. How can i move the disk to a free positon and put the logical drive to work again?
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Usualy Netraid controller have roaming capability. if the disk is not marked as failed, moving it in a new slot with the system down, will allow a remapping of the drives.
But be sure to have a good backup before to start the procedure, if something go wrong, you will be able to reinizialize a new raid and restore your data

The controlled didn`t noticed I moved the disk to a new position. The original slot is marked as failed and the new slot is marked as READY. Do you have any ideas?
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

oh, yes, you are true, if the disk is in a failed status, it cannot be remapped.

Now if I well understand, you have a raid with let says 7 hdd online and one in failed status. I assume your system is up and running.
Now if you put the failed disk in a new slot, it will be marked as ready.

If you want it to be part of the raid, you just have to set it as global or dedicated hotspare.
When it will be marked as hotspare, the raid controller will start to rebuild using that disk.
At the end of the rebuild, you wil have again your redundant raid with 8 disks
marino