cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see progress on Raid 5 rebuild?

Runboy
Occasional Advisor

How to see progress on Raid 5 rebuild?

I had a drive fail and the raid is currently rebuilding with a new drive in place, but it is taking a long time (Presently 30 H)
Is there a way I can see the progress?

I have included an ADU report.
5 REPLIES
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: How to see progress on Raid 5 rebuild?

hi

you can use array configuration utility to system Management homepage to check rebuild percentage

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Daren Friday
Advisor

Hi

I have a RAID 5 array with a failed drive.

How do you start the repair?

Power down, simply replace drive and restart? Is the rebuild then automatic?

Did you find any instarctions to follow?

dfriday@insightsystems.co.uk

Thanks

Daren
S. Boetticher
Regular Advisor

If the RAID5 is running on a SmartArray-Controller, do NOT power down, just pull the broken drive and insert a replacement drive (at least same capacity). Rebuild will start automatically, you can watch progress in ACU, when you click on more details on the logical drive...
Daren Friday
Advisor

Hi

It's actually a simple mirror which is RAID1 I think.

The server is a Proliant ML110 G5 with the embedded SATA RAID. How do I find out if it's a Smart Array?

The drives are fixed SATA and not in hot swap caddies so can I still simply swap out the drive with the power on?

Thanks

Daren
S. Boetticher
Regular Advisor

oh, I have no experience with the ProLiant 1x0-Range (only 3x0, 5x0, 7x0), also not with non-hotplug SATA stuff.

So, I assume it's NOT the regular SmartArrays, and especially because it's not hot-plugging, please refrain from my advice in the former post.

Please try to find the manual at the HP website or ask support, how to properly fix a broken R1 on your SATA system...