Disk Enclosures
1748181 Members
3606 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to update the Hard Drive firmware of RA4100.

Naveen Gulia_1
Advisor

How to update the Hard Drive firmware of RA4100.

We have one ML370(Base Model) Server with RA4100 Enclosure and which having 12x146GB Hard Drives. we wants to update hard drive firmware of RA4100 and we had try with latest Firmware Maintanance cd also but it will not work.

So any one can help us.
Hard Drive Model.
BD14685A26
BD14687B52
4 REPLIES 4
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

This type of drive was never supported in the RA4100. So the offline firmware upgrade diskettes for the RA4100 do not support this type of disks. What you could do is:
Place the drives in your ML370 and upgrade the firmware with the firmware cd. Mark your drives though in what bay they were.

Leon
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

..As an addition.. don't do this behind a smart array controller, so i would attach the drives on the internal scsi controller.

No need to say that neither of this is supported and make sure you have a backup of your data. All in all i wouldn't know if upgrading the firmware is worth the hassle.

Leon
Naveen Gulia_1
Advisor

Hi Leon,

In my server having 6 internal hard drives with RAID 5 on ROC Controller so how can i place the RA4100 hard drive in the server.
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

You could take those six drives out of the ML370 (i presume they are hot pluggable) and place 6 drives out of the RA4100 in the ML370. However they should not be connected through the ROC5i controller so the roc chip should be removed from the system board.
Now you can boot from the firmware cd and do the upgrade. After this power down and do the next badge of drives from the RA4100 etc..
Mark all drives!! what position they were before you remove them from the RA or system.
After upgrade is done, place everything back to its original position and boot system.

Leon