4503 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Hsv100 lun are not accessable openvms

Deepak kumar_3
Frequent Advisor

Hsv100 lun are not accessable openvms

Hi ,

I have hsv100 controller in SAN which i can access through command view eva software.one Open vms box is attached to this SAN. Through Command veiw i have creted one Vdisk and presented to VMS host. (os Id is also set uniqly).
On VMS host i ran mc sysman io auto/log
on $ prompt i can see $1$DGAn(n=os id).
till here i didn't face any promblem.
Now when i am trying to mount this device its telling not in file-11 formate . I tried to init this device this is also not happening coming out with "operation incomplete. or volume software is not enable".

let me know if anybody have any clue on it..

Regards
Deepak
1 REPLY 1

Re: Hsv100 lun are not accessable openvms

Hi,

did you also set the console lun id ?
Thats from the OVMs Platform Kit Install Guide.

The Command View EVA software displays a field for the Console LUN ID on the Initialized
Storage System Properties page.
It is very important that you set the Console LUN ID to a number other than zero. If the
Console LUN ID is not set or is set to zero, the OpenVMS host will not see the controller pair.
After the Console LUN ID is set for a controller pair, you do not have to concern yourself with
it until another controller pair is introduced in the SAN (see Table 2 for an example of how the
Console LUN ID displays).
The Command View EVA software displays a field for the OS Unit ID. This field is required
for OpenVMS host machines.
This is a settable ID field on the virtual disk properties page. The default setting is 0, which
disables the settable ID. To enable the settable ID, you must specify a value between 1 and
WARNING: It is possible to enter a duplicate Console LUN ID or OS Unit ID number. You
must ensure that the Console LUN ID and OS Unit ID number you enter does not duplicate
one already in use. A duplicate Console LUN ID or OS Unit ID number could allow the
OpenVMS hosts to corrupt data through confusion about LUN identity as well as have the
host not see the controllers.
You need to make the Console LUN ID and OS Unit IDs for OpenVMS hosts uniqueYou need to make the Console LUN ID and OS Unit IDs for OpenVMS hosts unique
throughout the entire SAN, not just the controller subsystem.

Best Regards
Roland