Disk Enclosures
1753448 Members
5713 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Hyper-V Failover Cluster with msa 2012sa (dual controller) and two 3GB SAS Switch (c3000)

MalteS
Occasional Contributor

Hyper-V Failover Cluster with msa 2012sa (dual controller) and two 3GB SAS Switch (c3000)

Hello,

I have successfully created a Hyper-V Failover Cluster (Microsoft Hyper-v Server 2008 r2 SP1, Core Server) but I noticed some strange behavior:

My CSVs are acting like in "redirected access" mode even if its not enabled. The nodes transmit the traffic for not owned CSVs to the current node that owns the CSV through the network.

The MSA is cabled like this:

Port A0 -> Interconnect Bay3 Port 1

Port A1 -> Interconnect Bay4 Port 1

Port B0 -> Interconnect Bay3 Port 2

Port B1 -> Interconnect Bay4 Port 2

Blades have a P700m cards installed on Mezzanine 2. But on the OAs port mapping I only see Port 1 mapped to Interconnect Bay 1 and Port 2 mapped to Interconnect Bay 2. Port 3 and 4 are not mapped. After reading through several msa/3gb sas switch guides, I wasn't able to find out if this is normal, in my mind it isn't, Port 3 and 4 should be mapped asswell or am I wrong?

VDISKs are mapped to msa ports: a0,a1,b0,b1 and the the node's WWN (Only port 1 and Port 2 are visible to the MSA)

On the Server I installed the MPIO feature, installed the CAPI Proxy Software from HP, it successfully claimed all msa disk, furthermore I had to do the following registry fix, to get the Cluster Verification wizard working: http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01589395&lang=en&cc=u...

Cluster works fine, except that it seems to use all CSVs in redirected access mode.

Has anyone some experience with hyper-v Clustering with msa 2012sa?

Best regards

Malte