Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Disk Arrays
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify LUN in Disk Management then in ACU

HenryatAA
Occasional Visitor

Identify LUN in Disk Management then in ACU

Hello,
I have searched high and low but have not found any answer for this. I have two identical RAID 5 volumes created on an external array. I want to move one set of disks to a different server. I have already deleted the correct partition in Windows but when I go to the ACU, I don't see how I can be sure which partition is which. The Unique ID is nowhere to be found in Windows. How do I do this without deleting the wrong array?
2 REPLIES
HenryatAA
Occasional Visitor

Re: Identify LUN in Disk Management then in ACU

Is no one going to respond? This should be easy for an HP Engineer to answer.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: Identify LUN in Disk Management then in ACU

Hello,
I am not sure with external arrays, but new ACU works at least in internal arrays this way: Just select logical volume by left clicking it and all members of array have blue led on. Or select phisical drives - the same behavior.

I repeat again - it works for sure on internal arrays with 2,5" sas drives. I do not know your config - but I was searching the same problem last day... :)

Jan