Disk Enclosures
1752785 Members
6086 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Inconsistent Total Capacity -Vdisks

Inconsistent Total Capacity -Vdisks

Hi Team,

I have two identical VDisks on an EVA8000 with Command View 6.0.2.37. The Vdisks have a single protection level. All seem to be OKAY but they report differing Total Capacity. One shows 6147.07GB while the other shows 6087.77GB. See attached. Both have 47x146GB disks. They both have the same mixture of the 10k and 15k disks.

Any ideas why?

Regards,

Ish
If you keyboard is locked, call a locksmith, not HP!
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Ish,
there is no attachment to look at and
you are confusing Virtual Disks with Disk Groups.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Ish,

In addition to Uwe's comments, I see that each of your disk groups has an odd number of disks, which is not ideal.

I'd guess that the RSSs within each disk group have got different numbers of members, which may well account for the difference in total capacity.

Cheers,

Rob

Disk groups of course ... Thanks Uwe. Strange enough I only have the browse button but I can't attach the file...? Perhaps there is another way?

Rob, at some stage I got a document from the client showing both diskgroups with the same total capacity of 6147.07GB.

I want to beleive if RSSs were seeing a different number of disks, then the difference between the two sizes would be more or less the size of the disk or its multiple. I stand to be corrected.

Ish

It seems one of the controllers was out of sync. Had to resync the controllers!!!!! All is OooooKay Now.

Thanks for your efforts.

Ish