Disk Enclosures
1752754 Members
5137 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Initial Array Configuration

Paul Roberts_7

Initial Array Configuration

Okay, I give up. I know I went through this before. I've spent waaay to long searching the HP site and coming up with nothing. I think I had a disk but can't find it:

I want to install the F10 partition on one of my Proliant 800s. It's complaining because the array hasn't been configured yet and wants me to run the Array Configuration Utility --the impossible to find utility. I need to tell it some basics about the array before I can install the partition (obviously).

The only one I can find is for NT/2000 --I don't want to install Windows just to configure my array. I know I used to have a floppy that let me setup the array from the system Configuration Utility (with no OS installed).

Does anyone know where I can locate this? Seems like I had a hard time getting ahold of it last time I needed it. It's a Smart2/p controller.
3 REPLIES 3
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: Initial Array Configuration

Go to the HP support web site.. HP has done a superb job integrating Compaq support links and archives into HP's web infrastructure. I am pretty sure you'll find the necessary ACU you're looking ...
Hakuna Matata.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Paul Roberts_7

Actually, I already spent an hour or so searching that site --so at least at the moment "superb" isn't coming to mind. Though, an otside search linking back to Compaq turned out good. :-)

Nah, that's just the problem I had...I was at that link, and as I was grumbling about, they have a Windows and Windows 2000 version only. I need the bootable ACU to make the drives visible to DOS, install the F10 partition to the new drives, tell it to be RAID 5.

Fortunately, I ran across an old web site with a link to the old Compaq site that still had the Array Configuration Utility available:
___
Download: Compaq Array Configuration Utility 1.20B (SP6263.exe):

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp6001-6500/SP6263.exe
___

That was just what I needed. Ran it, selected RAID 5, installed the F10 partition, installed Linux.

Now --I just have to deal with 1 of the new Compaq 9.1GB drives that's quasi DOA. The controller keeps telling me it's in danger of imminent failure. :-(

Thanks though.

Know anyway to reset the error count on a 9.1 SCSI? Since it's new, I'd like to give it one more chance to reach the threshold (It's been sitting around too long to warranty I'm sure).