Disk Enclosures
1753936 Members
9572 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installation of NetRaid 1Si on LC2000

Edmund Low

Installation of NetRaid 1Si on LC2000

I am a first time user of Hp servers. I just purchased a HP LC2000 NetServer and I would like to know how to install the NetRaid 1Si card. I'm trying to do RAID 5 with 3 18.2 HDD. I also have a HP SureStore 24i installed. Please advise on where to get a step by step guide on how to install and what patches to use. By the I'll be using Win 2000 Server as the OS.
3 REPLIES 3
Franco Cenati
Valued Contributor

Hi

inside the LC2000 shipping box there are a CD set called HP Navigator. here you find a Black CD which is bootable. It helps you when configuring the server and should help you also installing the Opeating System.
The second CD is Documentation CD. Use it whit a PC with Microsoft OS. Here you find how to configure the NetRAID card.

An easy why to create the RAID 5 is :
install the card in the server (use the ROADMAP sheet included, it's really good)
boot from NAvigator CD, the black one.
Start the Disk Array Configuration utility.
It's NetRAID Assistant.
Start the Wizard, select automatic configuration. You should get a RAID 5.

Otherwise read the documentaion on the CD.

Franco
Fiocchi

Dear Edmund i have the same problem when i try to install w2k Adv Server with netraid-1Si in raid 5 after the reboot appear a blue screen.
Do you find the solution?
Diana Thompson
Frequent Advisor

To answere the question on the W2K install blue screen we need to know more. Where in the install does it blue screen? What is the error?

dkt
HP