5309 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing CV EVA on controller on EVA4400

Mikikiki
Frequent Advisor

Installing CV EVA on controller on EVA4400

Dear All,
I have EVA4400 storage working in a production environment. I am using CV EVA 9.1 installed on a storage server. However I read that I can install EVA on a storage controller.
From the docs I found it is written that first I need to reset WOCP (Web-based Operator Control Panel) and log in to default ip which is 192.168.0.1.
I did this and when I wanted to change this ip (because I need to be able to log in to storage from my management lan) It says that it can not save the changes.
I could read that this is possible if my storage is not initialized, but as I mentioned I have this storage working in production, with disk group configured, with vdiscs configured and so on.
My question is if it is possible to change ip of wocp,where I am making mistake, and after that how to install cv eva on a controller. I could not find any guides on how to do this.
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you in advance,
6 REPLIES 6
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, the CV on the 4400 lives on a seperate management module not the controller, it's the thin board in the middle at the top of the controller enclosure. When you log in your first screen should be a menu on the left pane from where you do config for user accounts and select whether to launch embedded CV or CV from a server, is this where you set the IP address?

Hi Greybeard,
Thank you for your quick reply. Yes I was thinking about this separate management module and not the controller.
I logged in on this mng module and saw manu on the left pane.
I could see its ip, however when I tried to change it and save configuration after that it says that it can not be saved and it returns default ip (192.168.0.1)
Any idea?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

What firmware versions do you currently have on the management module and the controllers? They should be compatible.

The management module firmware can be updated from the WOCP web. Lastest version is 1.4.
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

I have had the same problem, not being able to change IP address etc.

I just can't remember exactly how I solved it :(

It was either the user account or a fw upgrade.

User account:
By mistake I once createt a user account call Admin, when I wanted to chenge the default password. But this leave you with only user privilgies and options, since you will log in as a user now.

FW upgrade:
First of all check that you have got 3 green bullits with check marks, in the upper left corner.
If you don't have "all green", then you have a communication problem internally, between mgmt module and controllers.
You must upgrade the mgmt module FW

CV ABM:
Command View for the management module, is installed, when you upgrade the mgmt fw.
When you do that CV will reside on port 2372
and WOCP will move to port 2373.
Admin account and password is the same for CV and WOCP.

CV SBM can be slow, CV ABM is very slow.
Previously, you could not do a HDD FW upgrade from CV ABM, and I'm not sure if you can do that from CV 9.2
And Phone home didn't work either.
I don't know if that work now.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Mikikiki
Frequent Advisor

The issue was resolved with firmware upgrade
gregersenj
Honored Contributor