108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: JNI FCI-1063 HBA

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joseph Vrankovic
Occasional Advisor

JNI FCI-1063 HBA

Is this card supported on a XP512 for Solaris 9? Would anyone know where to get the Solaris 9 config guide?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Joseph Vrankovic
Occasional Advisor

Is there a HP XP512 config guide for this driver? Just so that I may know how to tweak the driver if there are any differences from the previous version.
Thanks.
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

I think you get the best reply for this question from JNI online support.

http://www.jni.com/Support/online.cfm
Joseph Vrankovic
Occasional Advisor

Doesn't HP maintain a supported FC-HBA matrix? HP needs to certify the driver level. I would like to see the latest matrix.
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor
Solution

Of course we have a support matrix!

I cannot post the matrix for Solaris, as that makes it somewhat permanent... but I can tell you that as of today (8/27/2002) Solaris 9 is not supported on an XP512. I guess we haven't finished testing yet.

The driver rev for the FCI-1063 that is supported today is v2.5.18 - but only on Solaris 2.6 thru 2.8. I'm sure that 2.9 support will come soon.

Official "support" from HP takes a lot of testing. You could probably use the latest driver from JNI and not have any problems, though. Lack of official support does not mean it doesn't work - We just can't guarantee that it works.

Good luck!
No matter where you go, there you are.
Joseph Vrankovic
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. Actually, what you just said is helpfull; this way I don't waste my time on Sol 9 :-)

Do you know when Sol 9 might be fully qualified?

Thanks again.
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Sorry - I haven't heard any timeframe when it will be done. It's in the works, though.
No matter where you go, there you are.