Disk Enclosures
1753687 Members
5324 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LED blinking on a Netserver Rack Storage /12

Scott Heinen

LED blinking on a Netserver Rack Storage /12

We have a NetServer Rack Storage /12 here, and just noticed that one of the LEDs on it is blinking red. It's the top LED, and none of the other ones appear to be on. However things are working fine with it. I can use the database stored on that drive and stuff. Anyone know what that blinking LED means?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor

Re: LED blinking on a Netserver Rack Storage /12

Hi Scott,

This is a known issue and fortunately there is no problem, it's just a "noise" issue. We are working on a fix for the LED and you should check the drivers section in another month or so for the software fix.

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes
Scott Heinen

That's rediculous. This storage array is AT LEAST a year old, probably close to 2 years, and this is still an unfixed issue? Calling it a noise issue basically tells me that HP has no clue what the problem is. Just sad!
paul courry
Honored Contributor

No Scott, HP in all likelyhood knows exactly what the problem is. However, engineers time is a limited resource and someone has made the decision that this particular problem is a lower priority than some that IS causing a measurable impact. (sorry, but that's the way the game is played)
Joe Colucci_1
Frequent Advisor

Scott,

I have encountered the same problem. In my case, the power cord to one of the power supplies was not connected to a live power source. As soon as I connected the 2nd power supply, the light went off.
RAMY NAGUIB
Frequent Advisor

It seams you have one failed fan of the 2 on the storage ,get some one from the support to change it for you.
Good Luck
Kim Hardy

Has there been a software fix for this yet????
Marco Hogeveen
Honored Contributor

Yes,

There is a fix: Firmware 1.05 of the RS12 solves the red-led issue on the RS12.
I've attached it, you can also download it from the netserver.hp.com website.

Marco.