Disk Enclosures
1753557 Members
5944 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LUN creation and armtopology

LUN creation and armtopology

Hi,
i've got a problem with my array: i've created 2 new LUNs. But now armtopology shows only the old ones - what should i do to see the new LUNs? And how to create device files for it, just with mknod?
System is 11.11, array 7400

TIA
Tomek
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Tomek,
if you have VA security turned on (check with 'armdsp -a' output) then newly created LUNs will receive '0' (no access) permission and will be invisible to all hosts. You have to rebuild security table and include hosts' WWNs, LUN numbers and desired access level - 'W' or 'WC' and then download it to VA using 'armsecure -w -f' command.
If you wish more troubleshooting please attach 'armdsp -a' output and security table (in one file as attahcment) to your next reply
Eugeny

No, security is disabled.
I've solved this - i've created device files and armdiscover - after this it was visible by system.

Thanks anyway
Tomek
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Excellent. In your situation after creating LUN run 'ioscan -fnC disk' and you'll see newly added disks and if there are or not device files created. I guess you run 'insf -e' to create device files.
Your practice showed us that VA management software is working with the device files, and first commands to check hardware is ioscan command
Eugeny