1748111 Members
3829 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Logical drive 2 status = Ready for recovery

Thomas Seymour
Occasional Advisor

Logical drive 2 status = Ready for recovery

U320 15K 72GB drive failed in hardware RAID 1 configuration. Replacing the drive did not kick off the recovery process. Server is a ML370G3 with Smart Array 641 controller. I have downloaded cp009359.exe to upgrade the array controller firmware, and attached a copy of the HPA diagnostic report after the drive was replaced.

My question is, is there a specific process I need to follow to get the recovery process to start? I've read several other posts that make it sound a little like vodoo magic. Do you have suggestions that I should follow? Thanks for your time.
4 REPLIES 4
Taifur
Respected Contributor

Hi Thomas,
From provided log no error found.

You have to wait till rebuild process complete.

Rgds//
Taifur
Thomas Seymour
Occasional Advisor

The drive was replaced on 4/28. Seems to me that the recovery process isn't running.
Trevor Gardner

I also have the same issue. One drive out of a 4x36GB Raid 5 Array has been replaced with a new 72GB drive. The HPA diagnostic report states that the logical drive is ready for repair but I have no idea how to get it to repair. I've rebooted the server several times and each time it comes up stating that Automatic Recovery will start but nothing ever happens. The drive was replaced about 6 weeks ago.
Thomas Seymour
Occasional Advisor

Rebooting the server worked for me. An option menu came up after POST, but before the OS loaded - I chose to begin recovery immediately. The OS loaded normally, and the rebuild finished about a half hour later