New Discussion юеВ

Looking for complete description of mgr commands for VA7100

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kurz
Frequent Advisor

Looking for complete description of mgr commands for VA7100

Hi,

we have 2 7100 arrays. In the installation as well as in in the user and service guide, only specific uses of the mgr command are described.

I am talking about the commands that you enter directly at the array console, not the host commands.

For example, the reset command mgr -R is not described anywhere in these manuals.

Can you point me to a complete description of this command?

cheers,

M.
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Looking for complete description of mgr commands for VA7100

I'm not sure that complete list is widely available. These commands are used for initial setup and recovery by HP personnel. BTW, does 'help mgr' return anything?
Eugeny
Roger_22
Trusted Contributor

Kurz
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, it seemed I had been searching in the wrong place. Will also try help mgr.

thx

M.
Kurz
Frequent Advisor

mgr -? shows an overview. But still missing a complete description. For instance, what does "mgr -R partial" do? It causes the second controller to flash lights. This could either mean that both controllers are reset "partially" (whatever this means) or that the controller on the terminal is offline for some time and the other one takes over.

Do you have any experience with this?

thanks for your help

M.
Roger_22
Trusted Contributor

partial is a faster reset. it skips some of the self-test steps that the full reset would do.