Disk Enclosures
1752596 Members
5338 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML350 with Smart Array 641 Ready for rebuild

Boggled

ML350 with Smart Array 641 Ready for rebuild

I have an ML350 with SA641 running SBS2003 in a RAID5 configuration with 4 drives and 1 hot spare drive. Last week drive 0 failed and activated the hot spare. After rebooting the drive is showing ok, but the array will not rebuild automatically.

The System Management console shows "Logical Drive 1 - Distributed Data Guarding", with a status of "Ready for Rebuild".

Is there a way to initiate a rebuild through Windows, or do I have to reboot and chose F1?

If i do need to reboot and chose F1, how long before I can get into windows? does the RAID manager require you to wait for a complete rebuild before proceeding to boot?

THanks for you help.
5 REPLIES 5
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Re: ML350 with Smart Array 641 Ready for rebuild

Hi Boggled!

The only tool that can manage Smart Array is ACU (Array Configuration Utility). If you haven't installed PSP you can boot from SmartStart, select Maintenance page, then ACU. RAID controller doesn't require to wait for a complete rebuild, it do it in background.
Boggled

Any idea where I can find the Array Configuration Utility?

It is not installed on the server.
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

DannyB

Dude, just press f1 to start rebuild, the os will come right up and the rebuild will take place behind the scenes, you may ony notice alittle performance slowdown.
Done this many times before
Lisandro

In my case, it also says "Logical Drive 1 - Distributed Data Guarding", with a status of "Ready for Rebuild", but rebuilds starts for about 2 minutes, and then STOPS.

Is there anyway to diagnose why this is happening?

Thanks a lot.