4945 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MPIO FF installation problem

jpmartin
Regular Advisor

MPIO FF installation problem

hi,

i have a MPIO FF VCS installation problem version 2.01.01 on 2 Win2K-SP4 platforms, with the error number 0x80040706 and the description "Object reference not set".

This installation is already done successfully on 6 others platform including Win2K-SP4 and Win2K3-R2 without problem.

I attach the screen.

Any ideas ?

Regards

Jean-Pierre
7 REPLIES 7
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Re: MPIO FF installation problem

Have you tried to redownload the software?
jpmartin
Regular Advisor

the same behavior after re-downloaded.

So, i have found Microsoft article Q108322 relating installation issues and then update InstallShield installation Engines, but still the same problem.

???
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Looks like it might be something to do with an old InstallShield engine installed on your machine.

Check out this article:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=q110641

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
jpmartin
Regular Advisor

Article Q110641 is linking to Q108322, and i have already done the described tasks.

but it doesn't work
jpmartin
Regular Advisor

To be clear, the MPIO problem is the same as the InstallShieldEngineUpdate1100.exe problem, each time the version is 11.0.0.28844 and the installation gives the same error number 0x80040706 and the description "Object reference not set".

First deleting the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11, then installing ISScript11.zip, then installing InstallShieldEngineUpdate1100.exe or MPIO gives the same error number 0x80040706, too.

I think really it is a Microsoft problem, but does somebody have an idea to resolve it?

Regards

Jean-Pierre

jpmartin
Regular Advisor

The solution is found in the DCOM permissions with Microsoft article Q111722,

the accounts used (domain administrator) for installation did not have the good permissions!!!,

use another another acoount which have it, and the installation runs successfully

Jean-Pierre

jpmartin
Regular Advisor