New Discussion юеВ

MSA 1500 Controller problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Max Sorokin
Regular Advisor

MSA 1500 Controller problem

Hi All,

We have a MSA 1500 Firmware version 5.20 with 2 controllers Active/Passive configuration. One day it restarts and both controllers became Active/Active, the speed has became <10 Mb/Sec and we can't configure it anymore. Wheh we put out on of these controllers we can configure it and can see log file. In log file we can see, that restart has occured during the high temperature in the server room. When we put in second controller, they agasin became Active/Active and stop normaly work.
Did anybody meet the proplem like this? Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Max
/Maxim
5 REPLIES 5
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Re: MSA 1500 Controller problem

Max,

The firmware 5.20 is Active/passive but the design of this firmware is slightly different as compared to any of the old A/P firmware.
and by design the status of the controllers would show up as Active/Active when you have dual controllers and 5.20 firmware.

for the performance issue, i would recommened if you can brief more about it. i mean how many host are affected and in which way it is affected. you also mentioned that when you put the other controller you are not able to configure...wat do you mean by this?

Andy
Max Sorokin
Regular Advisor

This mean, when disk array working with dual controller configuration, we can configure array through com port with HYPERTERMINAL or other terminal emulated software. Now we replace a failed controller and everything looks normal, but some problem still present: cache is disabled and active controller display a message: 67 HARDWARE CACHE DISABLE, standby controller displays: CACHE BATTERY RECHARGING. As i understand the CACHE will be enabled again after cache battery on new controller will be recharging, is it correct? In the attachment you can find information about controller configuration, firmware version, msa event log, cacheinfo.

Regards,
Max
/Maxim
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor
Solution

hi Max,

You are correct, we can configure the MSA via the Hyperterm or any emulator software. only thing we need is the RJ45z connection to the MSA controller. Once the battery is charged the cache should be enabled on the controller which owns the Lun

I do not see any attachment on the ITRC.

Andy.
Max Sorokin
Regular Advisor

Hi Andy,

Now you can see all config and log files in the attachment

Regards,
Max
/Maxim
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Hi Max,

I am sorry, unable to download the logs from the ITRC case, if you want you can send it to baghel.anand@gmail.com and i will have a look at it.

Thanks
Andy.