1748076 Members
5312 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 30 Linux Array configuration questions

maschroeder

MSA 30 Linux Array configuration questions

Hi

I have an MSA30 with 7 Drives installed RAID 5 2TB array. The DSA is attached to an HP DL380 G5 running VMware ESX 4.0 ( Linux) I would like to add 7 additional drives and create a separate 2TB RAID 5 array . There is only 1 SCSI adapter

The ultimate goal is to have 2 separate 2 TB RAID 5 arrays for our ESX 4.0 Virtual Environment.

I am not very familer with Linux , as I inherited the above system , and this will be my first time adding to a storage array in Linux.

Questions :

1.) Once the drives are installed what are the steps to get to the ACU to configure the new drives ?

2.) Can I use the HP Smart Start CD for the DL380 to configure the ACU in a GUI ?

3.) Is there a an HP Storageworks GUI available to manage the storage disks , create new volumes , etc going forward ?

Thanks

MASchroeder

Linux newbie
2 REPLIES 2
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Hi!

1) ACU should be installed first :). Here's soft and docs to it: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/software-management/acumatrix/index.html

2) Yes, you can.

3) SmartStart gives you this capability by default.

Regards,
Philipp.
maschroeder

Phillip,

Thanks I will doing this tomorrow evening. I will let you know how it works out.

Mark