Disk Enclosures
1753716 Members
4769 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA 500 LED Staus Indicator won't turn off

Don Gothard

MSA 500 LED Staus Indicator won't turn off

I have an MSA 500 that had a failed drive which has since been rebuilt. Everything appears to be functioning normally now with no failures but the LED status indicator labeled with a ! (with a triangle around it) is still showing red. How do I set this LED back to a normal status of off or Green or whatever, I have tried the front panel buttons and using the array config utility but can't seem to find how to change the LED status.
4 REPLIES 4
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA 500 LED Staus Indicator won't turn off

Sounds like the drive is smart tripped. Once a drive is smart tripped, there is no way of disabling it.
Don Gothard

Actually it's not the LED on one of the Drives but the LED on the chassis itself that is stuck on next to the LCD panel with the arrow keys
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The OPC has a history messages/ errors which you can scroll up and down. The error LED will be on as long as there are unseen error messages.

Once you have 'seen' all error messages, the error LED will light only, when the OPC shows a real error message and it will go off when you scoll to an informational message.

You can also delete the current message by pressing the right and left buttons together.
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Thanks UWE,

For some reason, this week I've been miss reading everyones questions. Probably over worked. :)

jk