1751888 Members
5178 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA

Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

MSA

What logs we can collect to diagnose a MSA with both conditions. With SCSI and Fibre Connectivity.

Thnx in advance..
Everything is Possible+++
4 REPLIES 4
Rajiv Kulkarni
Valued Contributor

Re: MSA

Hi Bhavnish,

Which MSA model do you refer to? In case of generic MSA disk shelves like MSA 30 & MSA 20, use ADU to analyze the issue,

For MSA 1000 & MSA 1500cs the below options are available:

1) Using ADU (Array diagnostic Utility) from the Host machine connected to MSA. Capture the ADU report and analyze.

2) Using Console Port on MSA, connect to the Console port on MSA using hyperterminal or any other Terminal Utility and run
Show tech_support. Capture the text and analyze the issue.

Thanks & regards
Rajiv Kulkarni
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for the response. My setup is i have one MSA1500cs with one MSA30connected.

And this MSA 1500cs connected to DL380 G5 with Fibre channel. So with fibre channel what logs i can collect.
divakar.k
Valued Contributor

If you have the MSA1500 directly to the server using FC, Show tech_support would give you information about the MSA logs and you can check with the FC-HBA Utility at the host end to perform the diagnostics (For Emules its HBAanywhere and for Qlogic its san surfer)

If you have connected through a fabric, you can run support show to get logs at the swith end

hope this helps you
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Thnx to all.