108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA1000 Controller indication varying disk speeds

SOLVED
Go to solution
Louann Duchemin
Regular Advisor

MSA1000 Controller indication varying disk speeds

I have two MSA1000 controllers. On one controller, this is controller is in standby mode, the speed on the disk is 160 MB/s. On the other controller, this one is in active mode; the disk speed is 10 MB/s. There is also a notice indicating:

The speed is the currently negotiated speed to the disk. This may be less than the maximum speed supported by the device due to bus faults, loss of signal integrity, etc.

My question is how can I remove this disk from the raid set and have one of the spare take over?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Disk Array. - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

You need to pull the physical disk drive (or have somebody do it for you). As far as I can tell, SmartArray controllers do not have any means to 'fail' a disk drive by software.
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Louann,
Uwe is correct. But you should verify that that your disk are not part of the Customer Advisory dealing with drives downshifting.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00677430&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
Louann Duchemin
Regular Advisor

Thank you both for your assistance. I'm having someone check on the firmware level.