5942 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA1000 Power Supply Failure Message

Hazem Tolba_1
Advisor

MSA1000 Power Supply Failure Message

Dear All,

We have one customer having MSA1000 with one extra disk shelf. Few weeks back, he got a failure message for power supply on box#2 (the extra disk shelf) and one power supply LEd was off. We replaced the faulty power supply and also the fan.
After a while, the customer keeps getting the same message for power supply failure followed by power supply ok message. He deletes all the messages and after some time he gets them again. Both power supplies LED are on.
He checked the power cables and found ok.

Have anyone faced the same problem before or does anyone have a suggestion about it?

Regards.
8 REPLIES 8
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

What operating system are you running on the server, and what is sending the failure message and how are you receiving it? Can you quote it in full, in case you don't know what is sending it? It could be a problem with the software that's reporting the problem, but it's hard to narrow it down without knowing which software is likely to be involved.

Andrew
Hazem Tolba_1
Advisor

Hi Andrew,

The customer is running OpenVMS.
I didn't mention because the failure messages that I am talking about are on the MSA1000 front panel and so not related to what so ever outside the box.

Regards,
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Thanks for clarifying the situation. That means that I can't help you, but someone else might be able to :-)

Andrew
Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor

Hazem,

What firmware version are you running on the MSA1000 ?

Jeff
I like a clean bowl & Never go with the zero
Hazem Tolba_1
Advisor

Actually, I don't have the F/W version now with me. But if it makes different, I can try to get it from the customer site.
Regards.
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Check firmare of EMU MSA30 also
Wayne Stoll
Occasional Advisor

I had this same problem. We Upgraded both the MSA Firmware and replaced the EMU's with newer Rev's and it fixed the problem. I think
there was a Tech Advisory about this, but it was about a year ago.
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

Error in fw have some of A1 revision MSA1000 power supplies.
Please contact HP support if you have this issue.