cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA1000 RAID5 Parity problem

martin Trullas
Occasional Contributor

MSA1000 RAID5 Parity problem

I´m trying to create a volume with 7 disks of 146GB in a MSA1000 with only one controller with 256cache.
In the CLI, I see that the volume is initiating the parity and we are at a prox 15% of achievement, it goes back automatically to 0% and starts again the parity process. The ACU shows a warning message â the I/O performance is degrading until the parity is completedâ .
I left 24h the parity running and I keep having the same problem.

Have you got any information that can help me to try to find the solution to this pr
2 REPLIES
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA1000 RAID5 Parity problem

I have seen such a problem with disks that had an old firmware level and had to be upgraded. Please get in touch with your supplier or HP support.
martin Trullas
Occasional Contributor

Re: MSA1000 RAID5 Parity problem

Sorry I made a mistake and I write againg the reply in the other forum.
Here is the reply:
Before I tried with 7 disks of 146GB but now I have tried with another 10 disk of 72GB 15rpm we had in the same MSA100 and I had the same problem. The parity goes back automatically at aprox 30% of achievement. So I´m really not sure if it is a problem of the disks. After what I have done is try with this 10 disks of 72GB 15rpm in another MSA1000 we had available and I get the same problem.
Both MSA1000 are actualized with the latest fireware 4.24.
So as you can see I can't find the real problem, if it its a disk, or a cabinet or a firmware problem.
Tomorrow morning I will call