7445 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA1000 controller console port not responding

Louann Duchemin
Regular Advisor

MSA1000 controller console port not responding

Good day,

When I connect to the MSA1000 controller through a terminal server/port. I get a response that I am connected to the controller, how ever i do not have a CLI prompt so i can not enter any commands. The firmware version that I am currently at is 4.48. the controller has been powered off and then back on, but this did not reset the console port.

Suggestion? by the way, this is the active controller in the pair.
5 REPLIES 5
Crewescontrol
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSA1000 controller console port not responding

This could help
Crewescontrol
Frequent Advisor

To enlighten, its the CLI User Guide for the MSA1000
John Kufrovich
Honored Contributor

Louann,

If you using Remote Desktop, you may have multiple instances of Remote Desktop and one of these may still have a terminal session still running. Go to your task manager and check for a "Users" tab. You may have to disconnect one of the connections.

If the above isn't your problem. Perhaps some one has changed the default terminal speed on the MSA. The default is 19200. Sometimes individual change to 57600 on the MSA controller and forget the new setting.

Regards,
jk
Louann Duchemin
Regular Advisor

I will check on the port speed on the terminal server and see if that makes a difference.

I'll update shortly.
Louann Duchemin
Regular Advisor

Okay, will I have tried various port speeds but still no response. I'm really surprised that the power down and power up did not clear this problem out.

Any other suggestion?