4773 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA1000 overlapping array error !

Arjo de Bruin
Frequent Advisor

MSA1000 overlapping array error !

Hi,

While configuring a MSA1000 the configuration server crashed. After that it's not possible to configure the msa anymore. I get the error that there are multiple arrays croshed same disks. The MSA1000 it self seems to work normal.

I hope you can help me to clear the error so i can connect to the msa again with the array utility.

thx
8 REPLIES 8
Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA1000 overlapping array error !

Have you restarted the array since this happended ? Is so, did it come back up OK or were errors reported on the OCP ?

What does a SHOW TECH_SUPPORT display from the MSA CLI ?

I like a clean bowl & Never go with the zero
Arjo de Bruin
Frequent Advisor

Yes, i have restarted both the server and the MSA. On this moment i have no option to test the CLI command. I will try this afternoon.

thx in advange
Arjo de Bruin
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I'm not abble to connect to the MSA with the CLI interface. Maybe i'm doeing something wrong.

I used the command:

=> set target controller serialnumber=MOV5LYPN4F

And get the following error:

Warning: The targeted device does not currently exist
or is locked by another controller.

controller serialnumber=MOV5LYPN4F

Jefferson Humber
Honored Contributor

To connect to the MSA, plug directly into the RJ45Z connector on the front of the controller. You will need a special cable to do this, should of come with the MSA.

Connect with the following serial port settings, 19200,8,N,1

It should just connect straight in (no username or password required). From the CLI> you should be able to issue the SHOW TECH_SUPPORT command.
I like a clean bowl & Never go with the zero
generic_1
Respected Contributor

Hyperterminal is the utility you will use. The Cable mentioned above will have 9 pin serial on one side and a phone like connector on the other.

Did you check your zones and SAN switches to make sure they are OK? This could cause your appliance not to work. Depending what caused your crash IE power loss you may have had zone running in the active configuration but forgot to save it and after the power loss, lost it :). Of course assuming you had a power issue.

I would open a Support call though on this, if you have a contract.
Arjo de Bruin
Frequent Advisor

Ok, Here i have the results from the show tech_support.

I hope you will find the problem.

thx in advange
Arjo de Bruin
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I allready solved my problem. When trying to delete a unit the system said to remove unit 8-1 first. But there were was also a unit 9! After deleting unit 9 i was able to connect through HP array utility again.

Thx for your help.
Arjo de Bruin
Frequent Advisor

Problem solved!