4817 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA1000

martin tamm
Occasional Contributor

MSA1000

Hello,
after a reboot the msa1000 the systems runs ca. 12hr without problems, after this time, one controller goes offline.
Firmware Version: 7.00 activ/activ
256Mb of cache
Two MSA Fabric Switch 6, Version 1.0

thanks for help

martin
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA1000

Hmm, I don't see that the Fabric Switch 6 is supported with this firmware.

I suggest you connect a serial cable and a PC/Notebook to the controller's maintanance port and watch until it goes 'offline' again. Maybe it gives a helpful message.
martin tamm
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot,

Can you please tell me, up to which version the fc switches are supported. And exists updates for the switches, i cant find one?

martin
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I was able to go back to a compatibility list from 2005, but the switch was not listed any longer. Selling of this switch must have stopped between March and May 2003.

There was some discussion recently, how to pick up the last firmware from an MSA1000 software CD per download, but I did not save the URL, sorry.

Unfortunately, even if this works, this will not change the fact that the switch is no longer supported with today's software.

If you really depend on a supportable solution (maybe you have a service agreement with HP), you need to replace the switches. You can swap them with the MSA SAN switch 2/8 or you can replace the switches with "Fibre Channel I/O modules" and connect them to external switches.