Disk Enclosures
1748063 Members
5631 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA2000 WebInterface

Thomas Lia

MSA2000 WebInterface

I have recently purchased a MSA2000, put I have a very hard time finding default username and password to login to the "HP StorageWorks MSA Storage Management Utility"

Can anybody point me in the right direction ?

TIA
Thomas
13 REPLIES 13
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Hi Thomas,

Would you be kind enough to share that how did you solve the problem? I have bought 2 MSA2000 one with SAS drives and one with SATA drives. Do you have any manual on how to configure it?
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Thomas Lia

Hi,

I would do a search on Google for "HP StorageWorks 2000 Family Modular Smart Array reference guide"

The first link should point you to the updated manual for the MSA2000 (Dated Aug 2008)

Page 19 is still your friend in regards to username/password :)

BR
Thomas
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Hi Thomas,

I was wondering that why nobody replied to your query, but now i know the reason. You dont deserve it.

Bye
Thomas Lia

Caster, that was an extremely hostile answer to somebody who is trying to help you !

I you want me to tell the default username and password here in the forum, I have no problem in doing that !!
User : manage
password : !manage

For easy access to the manual, go to http://drop.io/vbuwfdq

I'm sure that your misplaced hostility will get you places in the world over time ;-)

Good luck
Thomas
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Thomas,

First of all just read your reply and your will find out that you did not provide any help so no need to be that sensitive about hostility, it was exactly according to your so called help. Telling someone to go on google and search is not help! I figured it out myself and the MSA is up and running, so as for you, no thanks to you at all!!
Thomas Lia

Caster,

the reason for pointing you Google, is that HP updates this manual from time to time, and at the same time change the URL ....
This is annoying to say the least.
So in an effort to provide the best information possible, I simply wrote what I did, which was to search at Google's :-)

I glad you got your MSA going, even if it was without with my "help"

Take care
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the clarification, and excuse me for any harsh words. The MSA was not working and i was really pissed off. I have initialized the disks and made single volume group on both enclosures (one has 12 SAS disks and other has 12 SATA disks) I am using dual controllers that are connected from the back, can you provide some help that what port topology should i use and what should be the interconnect settings?
Thomas Lia

Caster,

I know the frustrating feeling ... ;-)

I'm sorry to say, that I cant provide any help regarding your new questions, as I only do monitoring of the MSA.
We have external people to configure, support and maintain it.
KevAustin1

The default login listed works, but here is a situation you may come across.

Let├в s say you have removed a drive shelf from a currently configured MSA. Go buy a new controller shelf. Once you connect the drive shelf to the new controller the drive shelf updates the controller with the settings from the old system. Kind of odd, but from messing with a few of these they are odd to begin with.