Disk Enclosures
1752754 Members
4906 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA2000 - problems with Management NIC..

JimTaylor
Advisor

MSA2000 - problems with Management NIC..

Hi,

Recently purchased an MSA2000 - it has been packed out with 300GB disks and has two controllers installed, but for some reason since unboxing it, we're only able to get the network interface on controller B to function.

The interface on controller A has been configured over the serial link to be either a statically assigned address, or to DHCP for an address and i've tried about 5 or 6 patch cables into a known good switch - but it never works. Have also tried a crossover cable directly into a laptop and again no luck. You never even get any flashes from the lights on the network socket.

As I say, the interface on controller B works fine so it isn't an immediate problem but does anyone have any suggestions on what else it could be?

Have already removed & reseated the controller module, restarted it, reset to default configuration - it seems like it is a hardware fault and subsequently a warranty call to HP.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Re: MSA2000 - problems with Management NIC..

Hi,

I think so controller is factory default, U just replace this one & see what is status.

BR/
Yaqub
JimTaylor
Advisor

Re: MSA2000 - problems with Management NIC..

Spoke to HP and they're happy that it is probably a fault with the controller board and they're sending me a replacement. Only problem is that they're out of stock of them so there is a week or two delay getting me a replacement part.. good job it isn't in production yet!