108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA2000fc showing volume twice in windows disk managment

SOLVED
Go to solution
Iain Binnie
Advisor

MSA2000fc showing volume twice in windows disk managment

Hi, I am deploying my first MSA2000 onto my existing SAN to add more disk to my 2 node W2003 windows cluster.

It is quite different to the MSA1500 family and MSA 1000 that I have deployed in the past and this is where I am so far.

I changed the port type to point-point on the MSA 200 and they now show as F ports on the SAN switches and I have zones apropriately.

I setup the Host port names from the WWN on the MSA and created my VDisk and Volumes and mapped acordingly.

The issue I now have is with the HP MPIO that I upgraded to the MSA 2000 version (W2003) does nto apear to be functioning correctly as I see each volume twice, this makes sense due to multiple paths but I thought the MPIO would take care of this as it has on previous MSA deploys ??.........

Also I adds the new disks in windows as Disk 1 adn disk 0, not as disk 11 as it should as I already have 10 disks presented to the cluster ?

Any Help/advice greatly apreciated!
6 REPLIES 6
gregersenj
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: MSA2000fc showing volume twice in windows disk managment

The MPIO driver, do take care of that.

Re-check if you are using the correct MPIO.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Iain Binnie
Advisor

Hey, thanks for the link much apreciated I had installed this one from a search for MSA 2000 MPIO as you would expect ?

I need to schedule a reboot so will inform you of the progress :)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=499896&swItem=co-58812-1&prodNameId=499900&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

Is the difference and the Full system and not ?? also what exactly does the difference mean ?
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

I don't know, what the difference is.

But the link I posted was the only MPIO link under P2000 / Windows 2003.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

Iain Binnie
Advisor

The correct version fo MPIO seems to have done the trick!!! Stil the new disk I added shows as disk 1 as oposed to disk 11 but I can live with this!! Thansk for the help!!
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Greate :)

The numbering. I'm not 100% clear on this.
Do the other disks use the same HBA?
Or are they on another controller?

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo