Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Disk Arrays
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA2012fc Firmware update problems

Shane Welck
Occasional Visitor

MSA2012fc Firmware update problems

I am having problems updating the firmware on an MSA2012fc. It appears that firmware update was successful on controller A, but fails to finish on controller B. I have tried cycling the power and rebooting, but keep getting the following status message:

Progress, RAID Controller A:
The Partner Firmware Update feature is upgrading code from one controller board to the other.
Current State: FAILED before completion; some code components may not have been updated.
(Failed while updating the Expander Controller.)
RECOMMENDED RECOVERY ACTION: Wait for other controller to finish (if running), then shut down both and cycle power.

Progress, RAID Controller B:
The Partner Firmware Update feature is upgrading code from one controller board to the other.
Current State: This controller board is waiting for the other controller board to update it with newer code.

Also, when I check the code versions they are the same for everything except for the Enclosure Controller Code Version. Any ideas?
1 REPLY
Shane Welck
Occasional Visitor

Re: MSA2012fc Firmware update problems

I updated the firmware directly on Controller B and all is well.