1752421 Members
6122 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSA2012fc - Problems after firmware update

Dmitry_D
Frequent Visitor

MSA2012fc - Problems after firmware update

I have big problem after firmware update on my MSA2012fc. It seems that firmware update was successful on both controllers. There were red warning about a problem with the second controller during the update procedure, but i tried to cycle the power and reboot and the warnings disappeared.

But now both controllers are working very strange. Volumes I/O is slow. I can login into web interface, telnet or ssh. But can't do anything. I thought that it is posible to downgrade or upgrade to newer firmware version. But that's not easy to navigate through the web interface. (Everything hangs up after pushing  the "manage" button.) Now i am trying ot downgrade firmware using ftp and the command line interface. But command "set protocols ftp enabled" gives me

Info: Setting FTP to enabled

Info: Could not commit Out-Of-Band protocol changes

Success: Command failed due to configuration change, please retry.

And it's still not working.
Can anyone help me?

Currently the code version of the RAID controllers is J200P39.

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

DO NOT DOWNGRADE!

Current version is J202R10-03:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3687119&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_1fd14c064a8b43f29f7b01e951%257CswEnvOID%253D4064%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vig...

Do a telnet/ssh session and restart the MCs first, why not both. (restart mc both).

Does it help?

Then consider to UPGRADE to the current version.

Such a lot of fixes:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3687119&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_1fd14c064a8b43f29f7b01e951%257CswEnvOID%253D4064%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D5%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vi...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Dmitry_D
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for this links! The evening was not wasted. I updated the firmware. Now the code version of storage controllers is J202R10. Ther code version of the management controller is W420R84.

But the same problem remained. The I/O is terribly slow. I have to copy all data to another resource (work is stopped, users will kill me!). The web interface is not much faster. And every time i try to stop or start any service in the CLI, it writes me this:

# set protocols telnet disabled

Info: Setting Telnet to disabled

Info: Could not commit Out-Of-Band protocol changes

Success: Command failed due to configuration change, please retry

And I still can see it in the protocols list:

Command Line Interface                     (Telnet) : Enabled

The same thing with job-parameters:

# set job-parameters dynamic-sparing disabled
Info: Set Job-Parameters Dynamic-Spare to Disabled.

Error: Data could not be changed

What could it be?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Likely the controllers cannot talk to each other for whatever reason. I would try to shut the array down, pull one of the controllers and test with a single controller only.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Dmitry_D
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! You were right! I pulled the B controller and now everything works fine. Could firmware upgrade change the storage topology (or something like that)?!...