1748151 Members
3607 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA30 Array Drive Failure

Francesco Patriarca

MSA30 Array Drive Failure

Dear All,

I have a problem on a MSA30 (with power redundancy) attached to a SmartArray 5i.
Yesterday, due to a FAN problem on one of the power suppliers the MSA suddendly went off while the server was still up: I found, obviously, the server hung and I had to manually force the shutdown. I raised a call to the maintenance vendor to have a spare part and in the meantime, then, I tried to power the MSA with only 1 power supply: it starts, all the disks seem up without problems but I get an "Array Drive Failure" on the Server Led Panel. Now I'm waiting for the spare part but I don't think it will solve the array failure.

Any Ideas on how to try to solve the issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: MSA30 Array Drive Failure

What information do you get from ACU regarding the physical and logical drives?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Francesco Patriarca

Re: MSA30 Array Drive Failure

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd prefer to restart everything with the two power supply on the MSA: basing on what is happened I don't trust of 1 power supply only. So I have shut off server and storage and I'll wait tomorrow morning when I should receive the spare ps.
Just for your further info, when I started the server with only 1 ps it has remained "on loop", probably because it was trying to access to the volume on the MSA30 without success. I presume the only way to see what is going on the array is to launch the array utilites from the "bios" prompt.
Anyway, let you know. Thanks again.