5331 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSCS + NetRAID - Unable to add server to quorum resource

Mike Lam_1
Occasional Contributor

MSCS + NetRAID - Unable to add server to quorum resource

Hi everyone,

My customer is running two LC2000 with NetRAID-4M Ultra Wide 3 SCSI and Shared Storage 12 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Recently, one server's hard disk crashed and we had to reinstall everything. However, after reinstalling MSCS, we are unable to failover to the newly setup server. We find that the new server is not listed in the preferred owners list. Attempts to add the server results in Error ID 5068 and the following message:

An error occurred attempting to add node 'WMS_PRI' as a possible owner of the 'Quorum' resource:

This operation cannot be performed on the cluster resource as it is the quorum resource. You may not bring the quorum resource offline or modify its possible owners list.

What can I do to add it back? Theres no problem adding the server for all other resources.

Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3
RAMY NAGUIB
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSCS + NetRAID - Unable to add server to quorum resource

Are you sure that when you re-installed the MSCS on the failed node YOU JOINED THE CLUSTER ??
Are you sure that you have two diffrent node names ??
Give me some more information about how you re-installed the MSCS Pls.
Mike Lam_1
Occasional Contributor

The solution is a bit late now though. Fortunately, the system was not in production yet. We reinstalled everything from scratch. However, I would still like to know how to solve it in case it ever happens again.

Yes, we were able to join the cluster as the second node. All other resources can see both servers as possible owners except for the quorum.

We reinstalled W2KAS to the server, joined the domain, added cluster service and joined as second node, installed the FAST and FAST Cluster utilities. Everything OK and working except it is unable to failover to the newly server server, due possibly to the fact that it is not listed in the possible owners list.

When I attempt to add it, it results in the following error message:

An error occurred attempting to add node 'XXXXX' as a possible owner of the 'Quorum' resource.

This operation cannot be performed on the cluster resource as it the quorum resource. You may not bring the quorum resource offline or modify its possible owners list.

Error ID: 5068 (000013cc).

Thanks for any help.
Dnack
Occasional Advisor

i dont know if it works. create a local Qurom resource. Point the quorum to the local qurom. bring the qurom offline and add in the new preferred onwer. then point back the qurom to use the quorum resource