Disk Enclosures
1748061 Members
5619 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Moved system from DL380 G3 to G4, split SCCI bus!

Ken C
Occasional Advisor

Moved system from DL380 G3 to G4, split SCCI bus!

I managed to move my system from a G3 to a G4. Others on the forum, thank you for pointing the way to pre-load the right drivers. It is running great, but the array has an outstanding complaint.

But what I now find is the split slots on the G4 are against me. On the G3, there were 4 disks as a RAID 1, yes 4 copies of same image, long story.

But on the G4 it complains it can't see the other 2 disks since the slots don't have id's right. I'd really like to just split the whole thing and drop the extra 2 disks. But I've not been able to find out:

1. Does the 7.80 SmartStart ACU with a 6i controller support spliting the mirror??

2. But if I can't make the array be 'clean' first (it runs fine right now, it just complains about the missing 2 drives), how can I split it??

3. Why can't you tell the system that drive X is on a different port/id?? Like what if the drive was fine, but the slot in the server had a problem (bent pins etc) but another slot worked fine??

4. What setting or cable or something do I change so the slots run as one SCCI bus instead of two??

I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction for this. BTW the OS is running Win2K. Once I get the disk issue cleaned up I expect to migrate it to Win2003.

-ken c
Staff Leasing CNY
4 REPLIES 4
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Re: Moved system from DL380 G3 to G4, split SCCI bus!

Hi Ken,

I blive its a issue with the simplex and duplex config which is by default enabled in the DL 380 G4, for better clarification could you attach a ADU for better understanding, if this is wat the issue is we can fix it as we can change the config from duplex to simple using a SCSI jumber cable.

Andy
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

If you have any old ADU taken from the G3 server, also attach it for comparison.

Andy
Ken C
Occasional Advisor

Andy,

I'm drawing a blank right now, what's an ADU??

Yes I still have a couple of G3's so I may have it, whatever that is.

-ken c
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

ADU is Array Diagnostic Utility it is installed as a component when u install the PSP(Proliant Support Pack) on the Proliant Server, by ADU we can get the entire statistics of the Disks installed in the system, the Array controller, the logical drives and lots of detailed information.

Andy.