Disk Enclosures
1753850 Members
7481 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Msa P2000 G3 fibre dual controller

Ruaan Pretorius

Msa P2000 G3 fibre dual controller

Hi, one of my clients installed a P2000 msa in February this year. Everything has been working perfect up until yesterday where he was unable to connect to the controllers via web browser or cli. The msa was still working but he had to do something and was unable to connect to it. He restarted the msa and it solved the problem. We would like to know if somebody can tell us what caused the sudden problem of not being able to connect to the controllers. Also is the only way to connect to the controllers via web browser or cli?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You can also make a serial connection via an USB cable (you need a driver for this).

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Also if you have both controllers cabled don't forget that both have a management port :)

To be able to tell you what happened we'd need the logs - events - firmware etc.
Fran Garcia
Frequent Advisor

it's a known (albeit not acknowledged/fixed by HP yet) firmware issue.

Usually you can connect via telnet (not ssh)  or serial and restart both management controllers (no loss of I/O access)

reset mc both

Cheers

hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

I have seen a topic similar to this on the Guided Troubleshooting published by HP. Have you explored that  ?

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_audiencerestrict=true&h_client=s-h-e010-1&h_product=top&lang=en&cc=in&h_cc=in&h_lang=en&h_audience=smb&h_pagetype=s-905

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!