Disk Enclosures
1753435 Members
4717 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Multipath Install & Reboot

Ray Sydnor_3

Multipath Install & Reboot

After installing Multipath software on a ML350 , the server reboots as Windows 2003 Server is loading. It continues this cycle unless I choose "Last Known Good Configuration", after which, I can successfully boot into Windows. The server has (2) 532 controllers which are connected to a storage array unit which houses (2) MSA500's.

After failing to correctly install the Multipath software, I tested and verified redundancy to the array unit by disbling the 532 controllers one at a time. It appears that I don't need the Multipath software for redundancy, but I am curious as to why the server is rebooting after installing the software. All drivers necessary for normal system operation appear to be installed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray Sydnor
6 REPLIES 6
paolino.net
Occasional Advisor

hi,

what is multipath version?

the 1.0 version of multipath is not compatible with windows 2003, you need 3.0 software version.

bye
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

You should not need any multipath software for an MSA500. The MSA500 is a single path solution/cluster solution.

The software, depending on what software your trying to install, will not interact properly with the OS... without the proper storage subsystem connected.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Of course, you can try to connect both ports of an MSA500 with dual internal controllers to one particular server, but I don't think that is supported.

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE
Ray Sydnor_3

I'm using a four port shared storage module with the MSA500 controllers.
Ray Sydnor_3

The version of the HP Smart Array Multipath Software is 2.0
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Obviously I did not do the homework fully on the MSA500. (I've only installed a handful of the 500's)

Steven
Steven Clementi
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
RHCE