108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help setting up 2 controllers in DL380 with 2x1 cage

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff Manning
Occasional Contributor

Need help setting up 2 controllers in DL380 with 2x1 cage

Need some help in configuring this. We have a 4200 and a 221 controller cards in this box. This box will be an Exchange server. Not in production yet so I can play around a bit.

We have the optional 2x1 cage with 2 9.1 10K drives in it and 4 36.4 10k drives in the 4x1.

Our plan is to have the 9.1 drives on the 221 card as a separate array mirrored as our C: drive and the 36.4 drives on the 4200 card as the D: drive Raid 0 + 1 as another array.

The way that I had it configured was with bus 1 of the 4200 plugged into the 4x1 cage and the 221 plugged into the bottom port of the 2x1 cage.

I am able to set up the array controllers in SmartStart but the 2 9.1gb drives show as failed(red).

I guess the bottom line is how do I setup 2 controller cards in 1 box using the 2x1 cage but wanting to have the drives on separate controllers? (C and D drive on different cards)

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Jeff;

I'm guessing you have a DL380 G1.

The two drive bay for the G1 model is not designed as a duplex cage - it runs simplex as an add-on to the existing cage.

Refer to the label on the inside of the server's cover. It should have a cabling diagram for the two-bay cage option.

You can put all of the drives on one channel of the controller and create two arrays to achieve the configuration you describe, but you won't have separate controllers driving them.

Hope that helps,

Janine

To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Jeff Manning
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Janine!

That answered my question perfectly.

Thanks so much and have a great holiday!