1753876 Members
7738 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New hostname to VA7110 access

JUP
Regular Advisor

New hostname to VA7110 access

I have a HPUX Itanium 11.23i server accessing a VA7110 RAID, running CMDVIEW 1.09.

The system can see the RAID ok from armdiscover and armdsp and can mount it without a problem.

However when I change the IP address of the system armdiscover and armdsp fail with tiumeouts although it can still mount the RAID.

Then tried running "cvui -h newhostname va7110" but it does not see it and armdiscover times out.

When I chnage the IP address back to its original I can see it with armdiscover and armdsp.

The host must be able to see the RAID via arm* commands whether its set up as one IP address or the other (my app changes the IP address of it under certain situations).

How to add to the CMDVIEW database the second IP address I want to allow the RAID to be accessed from ?

Thanks in advance
JUP
6 REPLIES 6
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Re: New hostname to VA7110 access

Hi,

The hostname is stored in the file /etc/opt/sanmgr/commandview/server/config/PanConfigParms.txt

I should change it here.

Another solution is to remove CMDVIEW and reinstall it, so the device database is rebuild completly
JUP
Regular Advisor

Thanks Luk

I don't believe removing CMDVIEW and re-installing it help as I need to access the RAID from the one host - however the host could be of any one of two IP addresses. So re-installing the s/w when the host is set to the other IP address won't help when it changes IP address.

Any other thoughts would be welcommed.

Thanks
JUP
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

JUP,

I would consider a reinstallation. You will not loose any config of your VA. I have here server with 2 network card, and I added a ip alias to both the cards and cvui, armdsp still works fine
JUP
Regular Advisor

Thanks again Luk - will try it soon and get back to you.
JUP
Regular Advisor

No luck.

Need to see the VA7110 (via armdiscover) from the one system while its set to any one of two possible IP addresses.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

JUP,

try this:

/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/sbin/HA_Dial_Stop
cd /opt/sanmgr/hostagent/config
# vi commIpAddr.txt
# add ip: 10.10.10.4
cd /var/opt/sanmgr/commandview/server/data
mv DeviceDBFile DeviceDBFile.old
/opt/sanmgr/commandview/client/sbin/HA_Dial_Start