New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nike Mod 10 Informational Codes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Middleton
Frequent Advisor

Nike Mod 10 Informational Codes

Greetings One & All
I'm trying to bring up a Nike Mod 10 on a testbed unit. After the K570 running 11.0 finishes booting, I can see the Nike on the F-W SCSI interface card. I connected a cable from port a to a console and rebooted just the Nike.
The screen shows the alphabet up to T, then displays Informational Code 0001007e. Unable to get past this. Tried using Gridmanager, but no response from the Nike.
Does anyone have an idea of the meaning of 0001007e or where I can get a listing of the Informational Codes and their meaning?
Any and all help appreciated, & I am generous with points.
Regards,
Paul Middleton
Dilligad - Do I Look Like I Give A Damn
4 REPLIES 4
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Paul,
please recall were any disks replaced in this disk array with power off? Now your goal is to check that all disks installed as they were when disk array was running fine.
Code 'T' means disk array is booting, but it can not for some reason
Eugeny
Paul Middleton
Frequent Advisor

No disks were moved, both the K570 and the Mod 10 were shutdown for the weekend. Nobody has access to the testbed but me..
Are the definitions for the Alpha codes shown on the screen in the User's Manual?
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Then I'm afraid you have to call HP to replace some parts. Sorry...
I was able to find 'T' code in manual, and not this panic code. 'T' is a last array initialization step
Of course you can try pulling one of SPs to see if array will come up with one SP, and if not, try another SP. This way we'll be able to understand if it's SP issue or not
Eugeny
Paul Middleton
Frequent Advisor

I hate to say I was wrong. One of the other people from my group decided he needed to replace a drive in his system and came into my area and switched the drive in A0 for his "bad" drive.
Of course, no flare on his drive. Whole thing turns out to be - the Informational Code 0001007e appears to mean that there is no Data Base Drive in the unit. (A3 and B0 are empty slots.
Your note that the "T" is the end of the Array Initialization Steps led me to finding the problem, so you get full points,
Thanks,
Paul Middleton