cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOPS I did it again

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

OOPS I did it again

I accidentally added a drive to the array (Level 5) and it is the second time I have expanded the Array but I think I did it wrong. The way I did it I have to go in to NT Disk Admin and create a volume set, but now that would be my fourth partition and NT wont allow me to do it. Is there a way I can remove the new disk from the Array (it has no data yet and is not formatted) and re-add it in a different way so that I dont have to rebuild my Array?
Thanks in advance
1 REPLY
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: OOPS I did it again

if you have an aray with data on it you are out of luck. Once the drive is add to tohe array trying to remove it will result in data loss and breaking the array. to get around this if you really need to do one of the following 1) delete the compaq f10 partition and this will allow you to do what you need, however do make not to change the boot.ini and make a reapir disk before rebooting or 2) backup all you datat drives delete them and recreate them to use the entire space and restore. number 1 is the easiest. Now you might say how can I change bios settings well make the scu diskettes off you smart start cd and you will have to boot to them to make any future changes.