5886 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Odd san error

Adam W.
Valued Contributor

Odd san error

Everyone I am getting the below:
Nov 24 00:03:09 dallas syslog: CVSDM; MAJOR WARNING Event Code=400; Description=116: Target
Sense Key = 0xff -- Target ASC = 0xff -- Target ASCQ = 0xff -- Target Physical LBA = 0x00 --
The host Pass through request was not successfull. This could be due to a LIP or Hot Reset
of the device.loop/enclosureId/slot : 0x00/0x00/0x81; controller tick : 242100
55600310; serialNum/moduleId/processId : 00PR02C52212/0xb6/0x118; ; Hardware Address=1/0/12/
1/0.97.7.255.1.3.0; FRU Location=JA0/C2; Vendor ID=HP; Model ID=A6218A; Product S/N=00USE000
03XX; Latest information on this event at http://docs.hp.com/hpux/content/hardware/ems/Remot
eMonitor.htm#400

But everything in the armdsp -a command comes back normal. I did get a notification of:

The IBS Production SAN "Good" count should be 112 for all OK status.
The last "Good" count was 112. It is now at 110.

any idea's.
There are two types of people in the world, Marines and those who wish they were.
3 REPLIES 3
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Hi Adam,

For me, it looks the slot or the device on the slot at 1/0.97.7.255.1.3.0 generate this event and having some issue.

Since this is major warning, it is better to invole HP to do hardware diagnostics.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
Adam W.
Valued Contributor

I agree and I am waiting for their callback. I have already opened a case, but I like to resolve issues before they can LOL!

Found this in the armdsp -a command:

Disk at M/D8:
Disk State:___________________________Init Failed
Vendor ID:____________________________
Product ID:___________________________
Product Revision:_____________________
Data Capacity:________________________512 bytes (1 blocks)
Block Length:_________________________0 bytes
Address:______________________________118
Node WWN:_____________________________fc
Initialize State:_____________________Failing
Redundancy Group:_____________________65536
Volume Set Serial Number:_____________0000000010059688
Serial Number:________________________3HX0AMNV
Firmware Revision:____________________

But How do I use this information to locate the failing disk? I also see this in the armdsp command

WARNING: A hot plug event has occurred that the controller is still processing
There are two types of people in the world, Marines and those who wish they were.
Adam W.
Valued Contributor

FINALLY found the bad drive in Launcher. It didn't show up for a while but it is there now. Thanks