Disk Enclosures
1748128 Members
3524 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Open-E volumes on the XP 1024

Armando_15

Open-E volumes on the XP 1024

Could someone send the procedure for setting up Open-E volumes on an XP1024..

Thanks you,
Armando Gonzalez
8 REPLIES 8
essilor
Advisor

Re: Open-E volumes on the XP 1024

Usually HP engineer helping you with the installation will perform this activity for you.
Armando_15

This is not a new installation, this system has been in place for quit some time now. I just want to configure Open-E luns on our XP1024. Do you know how to do this ? Or point me in the right direction ?

Thanks,
Armando
Mike Reznak
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

you have to use SVP (notebook inside XP) and you should find some application there, which does it. But I aggre with Essilor, that someone who is familiar with configuration rules should do it. In our case, we don't have access to SVP.

Mike
...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world ;o)
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

Agree with previous posts as these activities are done by HP CE. However you can look at the documentation in the link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=82775

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
krusty
Honored Contributor

Hi Armando,

First, you should NEVER open the doors on your XP and use the SVP. The SVP is for HP CE use only. ALWAYS use Command View or Remote Control to map LUNs.

If you are unfamiliar with mapping LUNs, I would have to say it would be better to contact HP (Yes, I am an HP employee, but I think it is best for you). XP's can be complex, and if you don't know what you are doing you could set up the mapping poorly (performance-wise), and worse case cause problems. I have to play the education card - maybe you could either take a class, or have HP come onsite to help you.

Sincerely,

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Andy Torres
Trusted Contributor

I agree with Curt and the rest. Your request is a specialized task that requires a knowledge of how your XP is set up and how to divvy up Command Devices, LUNs, LDEVs, etc., using CommanView XP (NOT the SVP!). I hope you're not the poor guy that has been "plopped down" into an environment without the necessary training, but if that's the case you should call HP and ask for help. Good luck!
Armando_15

Thanks to all for responding and steering me in the right direction.. I'll move forward with caution...

Armando
Symantec
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Armando,

I've heard this from many people:

Don't touch the system - put your hands in your pockets and call HP!

;-))

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!