New Discussion юеВ

Re: Optimal Parameters for JFS/Oracle

SOLVED
Go to solution
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Optimal Parameters for JFS/Oracle

Hello experts,

I recently read the post with subject: "Optimal Parameters for JFS" and have few questions.

I have already created the different file systems to contain for my Oracle Datafiles.
I used the default parameters. i.e. my /etc/fstab give me the following entries:
/dev/vg00/lv_d01 /d01 vxfs rw,suid,nolargefiles,delaylog,datainlog 0 2
/dev/vg01/lv_d02 /d02 vxfs rw,suid,nolargefiles,delaylog,datainlog 0 2
/dev/vg01/lv_d05 /d05 vxfs rw,suid,nolargefiles,delaylog,datainlog 0 2

Can i just modify this file and remount my file system to take advantage of the vxfs mont options or do i need to recreate them?

Thanks very much for a reply

Kind regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
2 REPLIES 2
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Yes you can. You simply need to shutdown Oracle. Umount the filesystems; modify /etc/fstab with the desired mount options and mount again. You then restart the database. Be aware that some of the -o vxfs options will not be allowed unless you have purchased/installed OnlineJFS.

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

thank you clay

the "-o vxfs" is not too clear.

i hope you don't mind explaining, maybe with an example.

Could you please also guide me through the configuration of my OS for optimum performance on my server that will be running Oracle 9iAS and Oracle 8.1.7.

thanks in advance

Best regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)