3007 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P2000 MSA G3 iSCSI/FC and replication

SOLVED
Go to solution
David Knight marlow

P2000 MSA G3 iSCSI/FC and replication

Looking at the new G3 MSA and its multipurpose controllers to support iSCSI and FC, I have a question about replication.

The array now supports replication between controllers which is great, as is the benefit of being able to use either the FC or iSCSI ports to do this.

My scenario is that the customer wants to use 2 of the iscsi/FC arrays and on the primary site use FC for host connectivity, then use the iSCSI ports for replication. But then at the DR site, rather than having to invest in FC switches they want to use the iSCSI ports for a couple of host connections, but the iSCSI ports are also being used for replication.

I have checked the manuals available and while they state that the iSCSI ports can either be used for host access or replication, they don't state how many of the ports are required for replication.

So, can we use 1 port from each controller in replication mode and 1 from each for connecting the hosts to switches. The host connectivity doesn't have to be as resilient as its only a DR site etc.

Any help would be appreciated as I have exhausted the very limited documentation on this new array and the replication requirements.

Thanks in advance.

David
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: P2000 MSA G3 iSCSI/FC and replication

Hello David,

AFAIK this will be supported with one of the next firmware releases. Until that, you can choose the protocol, but not which port/ controller will be used for replication.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
David Knight marlow

thanks, this is what I thought, its frustrating when new products are released and not all the indepth details are available, especially to technical partners who are supposed to be the experts!
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello David,

search for "P2000" in the HP Smart Portal Learning Center. There are two recorded virtual classroom sessions that will give you some technical informations.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
David Knight marlow

Again, thanks Patrick.