3959 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P2000/MSA Replication

SMMC
Occasional Collector

P2000/MSA Replication

HI,

Is anyone using the remote snapshot software on P2000 or MSA for remote replication?

We have added two MSA1040 iSCSI arrays to our esx environment. Our environment is small, two DL380 servers at each site, this is our first shared storage configuration, up untill now all out datastores have been on local disk.

We are debating whether we should use the remote snap function of the MSA or Veeam for our replication solution.

There does not seem to be much information around the Remote Snap  and anything which I have heard is not very compelling. Veeam on the other hand seem like a tried and tested solution.

We are not currently looking for a backup solution although I know veeam woud give us this also.

If anyone has used P2000 replication in the past or is currently using it on MSA1040/2040 I would very much appreciate any information which you can give. Has  or is it a reliable replication solution, what issues have you experianced when configuring or in production?

We will be replicating approx.8TB bi directionaly.

Thanks in advance.

S

1 REPLY 1
AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

Re: P2000/MSA Replication

Hi,

Yes. It is a reliable Replication Solution for Entry Level SAN. 

You can go through: http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx%2F4AA1-0977ENW.pdf for detailed information which also includes Used Cases.

VEEAM is a neat backup software. However, since you are a SMB. It depends which version you are choosing. Would it be free or other version? You can see the offerings from here: http://veeampdf.s3.amazonaws.com/datasheet/veeam_backup_and_replication-free_vs_full.pdf

IMHO, at the end you will need to choose which one you want. If you do not have enough budget at the mo for licenses or other paid solutions. VEEAM free version should do the job. :)

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.