Disk Enclosures
1753368 Members
5056 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

P2000 Remote Snap check remote-link failure

P2000 Remote Snap check remote-link failure

Hi all,

I'm trying to set a replication volume between 2 P2000 arrays. I could create the remote-system at both arrays, but when I try the "Check remote-system link" tool, I get a table with the link type (FC), the source ports from the local arrays, but the destination port column is empty, it seems there is some communication error between the arrays at FC level.

Both arrays are at the same subnet, wit all the FC ports connected to the SAN switches, and I zonned the 2 arrays...

Do you know which could be the issue for this link error?

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

Re: P2000 Remote Snap check remote-link failure

What is the exact error you are receiving? Can you post a screenshot?

Moreover, I assume both Source and Target P2000's has dual controllers.

Some Basic Checks which you can verify:

• Ensure that controllers have connectivity between systems, whether local or remote.
  • Assign specific ports for replication whenever possible. By specifically assigning ports available for replication, you free the controller from scanning and assigning the ports at the time replication is performed.
  • Allow two ports to perform replication. This permits the system to balance the load across those ports as I/O demands rise and fall. On dual-controller enclosures, if some of the volumes replicated are owned by controller A and others are owned by controller B, then allow one port for replication on each controller module of P2000 G3 FC MSA Systems, and possibly more than one port per controller module on P2000 G3 FC/iSCSI MSA Systems, depending on replication traffic load.
  • Remote Snap must be licensed on all systems configured for replication, and the controller module firmware version must be the same on all systems licensed for replication
Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.