Disk Enclosures
1752272 Members
5082 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

POST Error: 1784-Drive Array Drive Failure

mateyendou

POST Error: 1784-Drive Array Drive Failure

This message appears in the logs :"POST Error: 1784-Drive Array Drive Failure". how can i fix it.

Bests regards

M
3 REPLIES 3
Don Billing_1

Re: POST Error: 1784-Drive Array Drive Failure

M,

It looks like you had a disk drive that has failed. Look at the drives, and an amber or red (depending on disk drive type) blinking light should be the culprit.
How to fix it depends on the type of array you are using. You must read the documentation for your hardware, and it should explain how to replace a failed drive. With any luck, it will just be a matter of pulling out the bad disk, and sticking in a new one. The array may just auto-rebuild itself. If you are still unsure, please give more information about your hardware configuration.

Don Billing
mateyendou

Hi Don,

I have a RAID5 with a Compaq SMART ARRAY 642 and 5 hard drives. All drives are blinking green. so I suppose everything is fine. what's wrong now?

Best regards

M
Don Billing

M,

Do you have the Compaq Array Configuration Utility (ACU) loaded? Use that to go in and check the status of all your hardware. Did the error message just show up the one time, or is it re-accuring? It's possible that the SMART technology in one of the drives is reporting an imminent failure even though it is working for the time being.

Don