6415 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Performance Advisor XP and hostagents

_Seb_

Performance Advisor XP and hostagents

Hi,

I have a little problem with PA.
The management station is a W2003 and I try to have informations from my hosts (most are HP-UX) with PA hostagents but I have no information from them.

By the way, Performance Advisor sees the hosts where the hostagent is installed in the "Host information" tab.
Did I miss something ? Do I have to do something on the management station to get LDEV, VG from hosts ?

Thanks

Seb
4 REPLIES 4
Bernd Reize
Trusted Contributor

Hi Seb,

for each host where an agent is running you have to click 'request info' and 'submit' to load the agentdata into pa.
Next you have to execute a 'collect configuration data' (data collection configuration screen) for each of your xp arrays.
Only after pa loaded all configdata (can take some minutes) you can activate performance data collection (with create schedule)

regards,
bernd
_Seb_

Thanks for your answer Bernd but I can't configure new schedules because all the performance (so, all the schedules) are already collected by my management station.

Does it mean I need to remake all my schedules each time I have a new host ?

regards,

Seb
Vasiliy Karpov
Trusted Contributor

You can edit your schedules. Update them whenever you installed new host agent or configured new host.
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Seb

Can you tell me what version of PA you are on and what HP-UX versions you are trying to monitor.

I've had a similar problem recently with v3.4 and HP-UX 11.11.